Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Marmalade Mogul Muffins



OOOOOOh! These we're so pretty coming out of the oven and the aroma was so comforting through out the house.
These Marmalade Mogul Muffins are a recipe from Diane Mott Davidson's book Tough Cookie............My summer reading plan was to read the whole series but I got a little slowed down last month with family obligations but no worries.............I have now started reading "Sticks and Scones" and I figure I will be finished with this series by the end of September........It's nice to be back on track. The only disappointment, I have had is someone took the recipe for Sonora Chicken Strudel out of my copy of Tough Cookie............"I mean really, how tacky is that!" So if there is some one out there in Blogger-land who has this recipe..........I would love if you would pass it on.......... Thanks

This muffins are perfect for a Sunday Morning brunch and guarenteed to be enjoyed by all

Marmalade Mogul Muffins
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
4 large eggs
2 cups buttermilk
4 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons orange zest, minced
1 cup marmalade
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat the butter with 1 1/2 cups sugar until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Add buttermilk and mix throughly.
In another bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. The batter will be stiff. Stir in the zest and marmalade. Using a 1/3 cup measure, divide the batter among 28 muffin cups that have been fitted with paper cup liners.. Using the last 1/4 cup of sugar, sprinkle a teaspoon or so over each muffin
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
"Oh YUM!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home