Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Zucchini Pine Nut cupcakes


The question around this time of year is what am I going to do with all this zucchini...........?
This is a terrific recipe for cupcakes, it is also a great way to get you kids to eat that green stuff, they think, they don't like...........

"They'll never know!"

Zucchini Pine Nut Cupcakes

Makes 12-14 cupcakes

1 1/3 cup shredded zucchini

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup ground almonds ( I used smokehouse almonds)

1 egg

2/3 cup sugar

2/3 cup heavy cream

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup pine nuts (If you don't have pine nuts, use either walnuts or pecans, I used walnuts)

Cream cheese Frosting

1 cup powdered sugar

4 ounces cream cheese, softened

1 egg white, slightly beaten

Pinch of salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 nuts for decoration

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, flour, baking powder, salt and ground almonds.

In another bowl, mix the egg, sugar, cream, oil, and pine nuts. Pour this batter into the first one and blend well with a whisk or wooden spoon.

Fill cupcake papers about 3/4 full and cook for 20-25 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool

For Frosting: Beat all the frosting ingredients together until light and of good spread consistency. ( This is usually where I decide whether or not my frosting needs more powder sugar, for me it usually does, I think I added an additional cup to this frosting mixture and it still was not stiff enough so I dipped the cupcakes)

Frost the cooled cupcakes or dip them like I did.......And sprinkle wit a few nuts over each cupcake.

Believe me when I tell you, they will want seconds, these are really good

This recipe can be found in "Cupcakes Galore" by Gail Wagman

1 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

How clever to 'trick' them to eat their veg right? But er...sorry to say, I dun quite like zucchini too ;)

Still, looked pretty and too nice to eat....can I just put them on'display' instead :D

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home