Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

We're having a Heat Wave and it isn't Tropical!!!!!


We are right smack in the middle of this horrible heat wave that the country is experiencing this week, with record temps in the 100's it has been miserable and to top it off we have fires all around us so that air is very thick with smoke, good day for staying in............. But, too hot to even think of turning on the oven.

So I decided to share my signature recipe, the one dessert that is most requested by friends and family............I found this recipe years ago after I was first married and have been making it ever since. ("I have lost of years of practice with this one!!")

This recipe is found in"The Southern Heritage-JUST DESSERTS- cookbook from Southern Living...............It is called Chocolate Charlotte................This must be a true southern dessert because I never see it here on the West Coast...........Yet I don't know why?
This will certainly cure any chocolate craving.

My husband claims it to be richer than cat Sh*t but how he knows,I am not sure (LOL)

It may seem like a lot of work at the first time you make it............But it does get easier the more you make it............Honest!!

Enjoy..........................Here's the recipe:

"Chocolate Charlotte"
32 ladyfingers
18 oz chocolate semisweet chocolate morsels
1/2 sugar divided
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 eggs, separated
whipped cream (optional) for decorating
Cocoa Powder for sprinkling on top (again, optional)
Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with ladyfingers. Set aside
Combine chocolate morsels. 1/4 cup sugar, and water in top of a double boiler. Place over boiling water and cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Let cool to room temperature.
Beat egg yolks in a large mixing bowl until thick and lemon colored: gradually add chocolate mixture, beating constantly, until thickened.
Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
Alternate layers of chocolate mixture and lady fingers in prepared springform pan.....(One layer of Ladyfingers is all I do)
Beginning and ending with chocolate mixture.
Cover and refrigerate overnight
( I make this first thing in the morning and it is ready by dinner)
Remove sides of springform pan, place Charlotte on a serving platter
Garnish as desired with whipped cream, chocolate curls and/or cocoa powder
"I hope you will make it for your loved ones
too!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

Gee Ms. Cupcake, just curious, no oven baking needed? Just leave it overnight in the fridge?

I have a small oven and I have never attempt baking as I know my baking sucks :(

Sure looks yummy!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home