Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Chocolate-Dipped Crispy Pops


It's hot today and just could not bring myself to turn on the oven, this does not happen to often.............

So I decided on an old time favorite, Yep!! Rice Crispy treats that have been dipped in chocolate.

Kids love these as well as adults, I think any thing made on a stick in the summer time is always welcomed.
This recipe is found in a Pillsbury Classic Party cookbook (5-93) and is called Chocolate-Dipped Crispy Pops. To make these, you will need:

6 Cups crisp rice cereal
3 Tablespoons margarine or butter
1 (10 oz pkg.) marshmallows
2 (1.75 oz) containers candy sprinkles
24 wooden sticks
8 oz chocolate flavored candy coating melted for dipping, (I used milk chocolate chips)
Microwave directions
Spray 13x9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place butter in large bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 20 to 30 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows, stir to coat.
Microwave on medium for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until marshmallows are melted, stirring once. Stir until smooth. Pour over marshmallow mixture over cereal, mix gently. Let stand 5 minutes, stir in some of the candy sprinkles, about a tablespoon. Press mixture into spray coated pan. Cool. Cut into bars. Insert 1 stick into side of each bar.
Place candy coating in 2 cup microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave on medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted.
Dip 1/3 of each bar in candy coating, sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Place on waxed paper, allow to set.
(I put them on the shelf of the frig for about 30 minutes, I like to serve them really cold)
Makes 24 Pops
"Summer is Here!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

Hey Ms. Cupcake, you really amazes me...do you try out recipe every week? Good Job and I wish I have your energy.....

Thank you for sharing.

5:31 PM  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

These are definitely 'the' classic treat for everyone! I love them! Yup, anything on a stick is super fun! I just saw Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa put Chicken Parmesan on a stick and that was so funny. I'm sure everyone likes to eat food that won't get their hands dirty.
That chocolate dip just added to the scrumptioness of this rice crispy!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh how delightful, I love things that remind me of childhood.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home