Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow cupcakes



I recently acquired a new cookbook called "Cupcakes Galore"..........This has to be one of the best cupcake cookbooks on the shelf in your bookstore right now............It is done by Gail Wagman............This lady knows how to bake............She gives helpful tips on serving suggestions, and a wide variety of unique cupcake recipes for foolproof baking, including one for Creme Brulee...........This could be the first cookbook where I make every recipe, starting in the front and working my way to the back.............What a delicious journey it will be..........This cookbook is a must to own!!

The recipe I started with is Hot Chocolate and marshmallow cupcakes............Trust me..........Perfect for a Winter's day..............Serve these cupcakes while they are still warm, to enjoy completely...................

Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
8 ounces dark chocolate
1 cup/2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or grated chocolate
Marshmallows or mini marshmallows for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave until just melted (do not cook). Set aside until just warm.
2. Cream eggs and sugar together until light and foamy. Add flour and salt and mix. Pour in the chocolate mixture and beat until batter is smooth.
3. Spoon batter into 12 cupcake papers. Sprinkle a scant teaspoon of mini chocolate chips or grated chocolate over each cupcake and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove cupcakes from oven. They will be very moist inside.
4. Place a marshmallow or several mini-marshmallows on each cupcake. Put cupcakes under broiler for a few seconds until marshmallows start to brown. This will take only a second so be very careful. Remove from oven and wait for about 5 minutes before eating since the marshmallows will be extremely HOT!!.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

Oh mine.....who gets to eat most in your house? Hubby or you?

Heee..just curious Ms. Cupcake! Coz I intend to challenge all of you that's all :D

9:00 PM  
Blogger Dreamer said...

Yum, the title alone makes my mouth water!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

? my husband eats the most in our house.........A challenge.....Bring it on!!! LOL!!!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home