Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Distaster I managed to Master



Tuesday, I set out to make Root Beer float cupcakes using Cupcakes Galore by Gail Wagman,
the cupcakes were terrible, they sank in the middle all the way to the bottom, they were so baked on my cupcake pan, I had to soak it over night just to get it clean...........It was a total disaster........The funny part about that day was after I read my Horoscope , it was a bad day for baking or doing most of anything I would have done that day............Next time I'll read my Horoscope first (LOL) not that I believe in it but it is fun some times just to see what it says..........I try not to take it seriously but should have that day.............!!

Wednesday I got up and felt I was up to the challenge of coming up with my own recipe for "Root Beer Float" cupcakes. I am glad I did............My son gave me a rating of 9 on these and would of given me a 10 but he doesn't like these cupcake papers............There not always easy to peel away from the cupcake.

I really think that the recipe in Cupcakes Galore for Root Beer Float cupcakes, that something is missing from that particular recipe because I have had no other problems with other cupcakes I have made from that book, in fact I have been nothing but pleased with the results of those cupcake recipes.

Here is the recipe that I came up with, I can only hope it will bring childhood memories to all who enjoyed them as a kid.
"Root Beer Float cupcakes"
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Root Beer ( We like Mug old fashion Root Beer in our house)
1/2 cup unsalted butter/ 1 stick
3 eggs slightly beaten
1 tablespoon Root beer extract
Large marshmallows
Preheat oven to 375
In an a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt together and set aside.
In mixing bowl put butter and sugar and beat till light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time till blended well. Add Root Beer and Root beer extract, and stir till blended
Slowly begin to add dry ingredients and mix till smooth, about 2 minutes
Spoon batter into cupcake papers, filling cups abut 2/3 full. Place a large marshmallow in center of each cupcake, push down slightly.
Bake for 20- 25 minutes
"Root Beer Frosting"
2 cupcakes powder sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon Root Beer extract
1/4 Root Beer
1/2 cup butter /1 stick
Whipped cream for topping
To make the frosting place powdered sugar and salt in a large bowl. Slowly add butter cut in small pieces, add root beer extract and Root beer and beat until fluffy and has a good spreading consistency, add more powdered sugar if needed.
Frost cooled cupcakes and top each cupcake with a little whipping cream add straws and you will have a memorable treat for all ages
***Please note that during baking marshmallows might over flow on to baking pan, if that happens be prepared, when the cupcakes come out of oven to take a spoon and push back the marshmallow to the top of cupcake.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dreamer said...

Awesome, I like the paper on the cupcake. It makes them look fancy though apparently not comfortable to eat lol.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

I'll do anything however difficult to have my hand on your cupcakes :D

9:10 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Hi Lo and Thanks for stopping by....I have several places I like to buy my cupcake papers from. One really good source is Golda's Kitchen and The Confectionary House.

Was there one in particular that you were looking for?.......This cupcake paper in the picture was used for a wedding cupcake tower from an Bon Appetit magazine.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home