Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Salted Peanut squares


If you love Rice Krispy Treats, as I do........ then I think you will like these Salted Peanut Squares..........This all started while I was cleaning out my pantry and noticed I had 3 boxes of almost empty but not enough for a bowl of cereal. I think we have all been there with this one especially if you have kids.

I started to think about this because I did not want to just throw it away, I started going through my recipe books, seeing if I could find something that might help me along. Wa-La...........I found it. This was found in a Pillsbury Classic cookbook dated May 1997

And here it is for me to share with you..........I did change of course the cereal mix but I think you could do this with most cereals and make your own original recipe.

Salted Peanut Squares
6 cups crisp rice cereal (I actually used only 4 cups)
Then add 1 cup Wheaties and 1 cup Bran Flakes
6 cups salted peanuts
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 (10 1/2-oz) pkg. Miniature marshmallows
(I did use large marshmallows because that is what was in the pantry, the idea was to use this stuff up.
1. Lightly grease 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan. Place
cereal and peanuts in a very large bowl.
2. In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over low heat. Stirring occasionally. Add marshmallows; stir until melted. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal mixture, mix well. Immediately press in greased pan. Cool 10 minutes. Cut into bars
"Perfect for a, after school snack and excellent to take hiking
or any time for that matter!! "

1 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

I luv peanuts in any form...yum yum! Looks like a good snack!

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home