Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Perfect for sitting by the fire


These are the perfect dessert to warm up your insides when sitting by the fire warming your outsides.............They are called Chocolate Pudding cakes and they are scrumptious...........Do be careful when they first come out of the oven not to burn your tongue, which I did..........!! Do let them sit for about 15 to 20 minutes before eating them but do eat them warm.


I found this recipe in the Baker's Catalogue..........I too, hope you will try this and stay warm during the chilly winter months.


Chocolate Pudding Cakes

Batter:

2/3 cup all purpose flour

2/3 cup sugar

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa, natural or Dutch process

1/4 t. salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 t. vanilla

3 T. melted butter

1/2 cup water


Topping

2/3 cup sugar

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa, natural or Dutch-process

pinch of salt

3/4 cup prepared hot chocolate


To make the cake:

Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Beat in the vanilla, ;melted butter, and 1/2 cup water. Divide between four greased mugs or ramkins, using a gerous 1/4 cup to each.


To make the topping:

Whisk the dry ingredients together. Divide among the mugs, using a scant 1/4 cup for each. Top each cup with 3 T. prepared hot chocolate or water. Place mugs on a baking sheet.


Bake the cakes in a preheated 350 degree oven for 28 to 32 minutes. The cake should be puffy, with some liquid boiling up around the edges. Serve hot or warm with whipped cream, a toasted marshmallow or ice cream.......Makes 4 cakes.


"These will warm the tummy nicely"

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

Hmmm... it sure warmth my tummy too :D

7:26 PM  
Blogger di.di said...

i have this one blogger friend who sales cupcakes... they really making lots of money just by selling cupcakes.. the other bloggers including me are their loyal customers!!! u can go to: http://cuppacakes.blogspot.com/

love cupcakes to bits!!!

1:48 AM  
Blogger Suburban prep said...

They sound divine. Might have to put on the apron.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home