Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Nutcracker cake


This is a conglomeration of three different ideas in one. I saw this cake on bright ideas.com website and since we were going to see the Nutcracker ballet, last weekend, I thought it to be the perfect dessert to have with coffee after...........We had such a wonderful time and I believe it really makes my Christmas season, that much more enjoyable, I just can't imagine my Holidays without it.........I love the costumes and music...............Love the Music!!!

I found the snow globe on EBay and I thought it would make the perfect topper and the cake, I decided to make a Tiramisu Toffee Torte. This cake is rich and creamy and really tantalizes the taste buds.........I think it is the toffee bits that set it apart. This version of Tiramisu,is actually a layered "torte" that's filled and frosted with a delectable creamy coffee and chocolate combination.


This recipe can be found in Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off and was made by Christie Henson of Conway, Arkansas Bake-off contest 35, 1992 winner.


Tiramisu Toffee Torte


Cake:

1 pkg pudding included white cake mix

1 cup strong coffee, room temp.

4 egg whites

4 toffee candy bars, finely chopped


Frosting:

2/3 cup sugar

1/3 cup chocolate syrup

1/2 ( 8-oz pkg.) plus (4oz) cream cheese, softened

2 cups whipping cream

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 cup strong coffee, room temp.


Garnish with:

Snickers Nutcracker men candy bars (about 8) depending on how you place them.

and Red and Green M & M's


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-8 inch round cake pans. In large bowl, combine cake nix 1 cup coffee and egg whites at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Fold in chopped toffee bars. Spread batter in greased and floured pans.


Bake at 350, Bake 9 inch pans 20-30 minutes, bake 8-inch pans 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, remover from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.


In medium bowl, combine sugar, chocolate syrup and cream cheese, beat until smooth. Add whipping cream and vanilla, beat until light and fluffy. Refrigerate until ready to use.


To assemble cake, slice each layer in half horizontally to make 4 layers. Drizzle each cut side with 1/4 cup coffee. Place 1 layer coffee side up on serving plate, spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Repeat with second and third cake layers. Top with remaining cake lay. Frost sides and top of cake with remaining frosting.


Garnish as you wish...........


"Happy Holidays to you and yours"

3 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

Happy Holiday to you & family Ms. Cupcake and hey you are full of creativity :D

7:24 AM  
Blogger di.di said...

wow.. so rich... too bad cpz im on diet... :(

10:48 PM  
Blogger Dalicia said...

this is awesome :) gosh it's so heavy too! :) happy holidays

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home