Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Holidog Cake


Let us not forget our best friends............that is our 4 legged friends that love us so unconditionally..............And I am ever so Thankful for...........


This for you Shy-Anne


Holidog Cake


2 Cups whole wheat flour

1/4 Cup wheat germ

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3/4 Cup Molasses

1/2 Cup canola oil

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 large apple, cored and diced


Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick vegetable spray and flour.

Stir together the flour, wheat germ, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the molasses, and oil. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking to blend. Add the vanilla and 1/2 Cup of water. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in the apples.


Pour the batter into the bundt pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.


Cool to room temperature before slicing and serving.


Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.


Or wrap well and store in the freezer for up to 2 months (Thaw before serving)


This recipe was found in Cooking the Three Dog Bakery Way cookbook by Mark Beckloff and Dan Dye...........
"An apple a day will keep the Vet away!!!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Dreamer said...

This is for dogs, right? lol, I just want to make sure because I didn't know dogs could the stuff it's made of. I bet my dog would love something like this :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

you are so sweet....did he enjoy it?

7:00 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Yes..... it is for our canine friends and yes Shy-Anne Loved all of it.........

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home