Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Friday, December 01, 2006

Time for a Victory Lap







As I get ready to watch the festivities from New York and we celebrate Jimmie Johnson's 2006 NASCAR Championship, I thought it was time to make these cupcakes to celebrate with................




I have follow Jimmie since his rookie year, I have meet him twice and have seen him, win 2 races in Vegas, 2005 and 2006. He really is a wonderful person and a great mentor for children.




My Husband is a Matt Kenseth fan and my son is a Carl Edwards fan. But with Jimmie beating out Matt Kenseth at the end of this year's race in Vegas it made for an interesting ride home, as well as the Chase for the Championship,too.




We have so much fun when we go to Vegas Speedway, I am not a fan of Fontana or Sonoma. There is just to much chaos and they are both dirty........But Vegas is great and where we sit we can see the whole track.


We have a group of 8 all family and friends that we go with, what makes it so much fun No two people have the same driver, we also have a Tony Stewart fan, Kyle Busch fan, Jeff Gordon fan, Kasey Kahn fan and Jeff Burton fan plus an Michael Waltrip fan. It makes for a lot of good bantering .




We tailgate for both races the Busch and the Cup race ............Last year was the worst year thou, we all froze to death, and it almost snowed. Thank goodness for the heater in the Motorhome!!




But even as the season ends, I already have my season tickets for next year and am all ready counting down the days till my next trip to Vegas. With a new track and new garage areas that the fans will have access to, it really should be great to get even closer to the action.




"Congratulations Jimmie Johnson #48"




"Till the end of next season, Yes I plan to gloat!!!"
and in case you are wondering Yes!! Jimmie signed my shoes!!!




5 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

Oh Wow Ms. Cupcake, you must be very happy. Can you tell me if this is refering to baseball team? Sorry I am not good at team's name.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Hi Shiong,
Jimmie Johnson is a NASCAR Cup driver........He drives the Lowe's #48 car and Yes you can bet I am THRILLED!!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I love it!! Jimmie Johnson is so HANDSOME... I love hearing about your experience at the race tracks. I plan on going to Atlanta in the spring for my first race experience.

3:48 AM  
Blogger Dreamer said...

Oh, is that you in the pics? I'm just curious becase I usually just see cupcakes here (not that I'm complaining 'cause they're yummy)!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Yes!!! That is me........I am proud to say I have lost 30lbs since that picture was taken, and the cupcakes I made were Lemon for any one who might have sour grapes as to Jimmie winning the Championship!!!! LOL

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home