Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice


I am having a few friends over and thought this bundt cake would make a great dessert to enjoy with our coffee or tea............And I decorated it to look like a Christmas wreath which is very simple and easy to do, wrapping a bright red ribbon around the cake and make a bow and sprinkle with what I like to call Christmas cheer............


What is it??, it is Apple Cider Cake and I found the recipe at Bright Ideas. com. I was going to make it for Thanksgiving but ran out of time.

It's spicy, It's sweet, It's a great Christmas Treat. Why not make it for your family this Holiday season.


Apple Cider Cake


1 bag Milky way brand fun size, unwrapped

3 1/2 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ginger

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened


1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

4 eggs

1 15-oz can solid pumpkin

1/2 cup apple cider

5 Tablespoons condensed milk

12 cup bundt cake pan


1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees

2. Reserve 10 milky way bars to be used in the drizzle, (I only used 5.) I wanted more in my cake. Chop the remaining candy. But don't forget to reserve the 1/2 cup for decoration.

3. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt.

4. In a separate bowl, cream the butter with the sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, and stir in the pumpkin puree. The mixture will be loose and wet.

5. Using a low speed blender, mix the flour with the batter, one third at a time. Blend well after each addition. Stir in the apple cider until smooth.

6. Spoon half of the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan. Using the chopped candy, make a layer on top of the batter. Cover with the remaining batter.

7. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.

8. Gently loosen the sides of the cake from the pan, and invert it onto a cake plate. Unmold the cake from the pan, letting it carefully slip out.


9. To make drizzle, melt the reserved Milky Way bars with condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl for 20-30 sec on low. Stir until smooth. Drizzle the Milky way mixture over the top of the cake. Decorate the top of the cake with a sprinkle of the 1/2 cup reserved chopped candy

2 Comments:

Blogger Dreamer said...

OMG, this sounds soooo goood!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Definitely sinful but I don't care....I'm gonna have a bite of chocolate soon :P

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home