Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Friday, February 16, 2007

You want How many cupcakes for Valentine's Day??



I volunteered to make 40 cupcakes for the Senior luncheon here in Smith Valley for Valentine's Day which later turned into 52 cupcakes.............Now I will admit I was in heaven to meet this challenge..........I found an idea on the Wilton.com website called Sign of Love Cupcakes which I found to be so adorable but when I was making the truffles for this project I found it to be very time consuming, I really wish I had bought 2 deep heart truffles molds........it would have made this project go a lot faster.........I also had trouble when it came to putting on the arms and hands and legs with shoes, even thou I attached them with the royal icing as directed they still keep falling off so I opted not to include them...........And the cake recipe...........Well!!!! I used Martha Stewart's recipe for Red Velvet cake, I loved the color of the cupcakes but to avoid a disaster, I had to add extra Whipped cream frosting to the center of the cupcakes because they sank really bad in the middle during baking...........so I DO Not recommend this recipe................It tasted great but the results were too!!! disappointing.

But I do have to say they were a Big Hit!!! at the luncheon and everyone applauded my work and efforts which made it all worth while, I hope to do this again next year so I will be searching for a new idea...........!!


"I hope all had a nice Valentine's Day!"


Oops I almost forgot, the truffles, I did make, were made with Cappuccino chips that you will find in the Baker's Catalogue............or perhaps your favorite grocery store carries them...........I melted them and then added the whipped cream...........I admit they really tasted fabulous..........No brag, just fact..............!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shionge said...

Look too adorable to eat Ms. Cupcake :P

Yes I can imagine why they applauded...I just did too, can you hear it :)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Totally shibby adorable!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

Missing all your cupcakes Mr. Stepped in Cupcake Batter...hope you are fine & well pal!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home