Chateau Cupcake

From Chateau Reeder "Where life is Sweet"

Name:
Location: Smith, Nevada, United States

I love to bake, and recently discovered I have a Passion for baking cupcakes. I seem to do my best baking in my favorite pajamas. MMMmmmm, add a good cup of Coffee...call me Happy!!!! This is my journey of Baking techniques and recipes to see what I can master....And what may become a disaster..... WELCOME!!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cappuccino Mousse


Calling all Coffee Lover's..........How about topping off dinner with a coffee-enhanced mousse.............This has a intense flavor that comes from the syrup of coffee and liqueur.


"This is one incredible dessert"


Cappuccino Mousse


Bloom in 2 T. cold water

1 teaspoon powdered gelatin

Beat 2 eggs

3 T. sugar

1 T. water

Pinch of salt


For the coffee syrup

Stir together 3 T. instant coffee

2 T. Coffee Liqueur, (optional coffee may be substituted)


For the whipped cream

Melt Bloomed gelatin

Beat and fold with 1 cup heavy cream

2 T. sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Cooled melted gelatin

Coffee syrup

Egg mixture.

Garnish with Additional whipped cream and chocolate shavings or sprinkles.


Bloom (soften) the gelatin for the base in 2 T. water for about 5 minutes (the granules will absorb the water and turn rubbery). Bring 1" of water to a simmer in a sauce pan. (I used a candy making double boiler made of ceramic)


Beat the eggs, 3 T. sugar, water, and salt in a glass bowl set over but not touching the simmering water. Using a hand mixer whisk, beat the mixture until it triples in volume and forms ribbons, 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temp.


Stir coffee and liqueur together for the syrup in a small bowl.

Melt gelatin in a pan of simmering water until liquefied cool slightly.


Beat the cream, 2 T. sugar, vanilla, gelatin, and coffee syrup to soft peaks in a large bowl. Stir 1/3 of the cream in 2 parts (don't over work it) Divide mousse between serving cups, cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate before serving.


"Add a Biscotti cookie and you have an icredible dessert your friends and family will love!"


**This recipe was found in Cuisine at home Issue 58 Their website is www.CuisineAtHome.com You'll find fantastic recipes and cooking tips as well............

3 Comments:

Blogger purplecupcake said...

I wouldn't mind topping off my day or starting off my day with that delicious looking beverage. I love your kitchenware. You know, the cups, bowls & dished you use to photograph your treats.
Does it have a strong coffee taste?

2:10 PM  
Blogger Shionge said...

I am! I am! I am a coffee lover!

I want! I want! I want a cuppa Ms. Stepped In Cupcake Batter :D

8:44 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I was on Shionge site and checked yours out. I love all the recipes. They look very yummy. I can't wait to try some of them. Living in Washington state, I've become more of a coffee lover.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home